History

2011

New construction of the modern production plant with office building at the new premises of LEIPZIGER LEUCHTEN

2009

LEIPZIGER LEUCHTEN moves to the new production facility at Heiterblickstrasse 37 in Leipzig.

Inauguration of the new luminaire park by the Prime Minister of Saxony Mr. Stanislaw Tillich and Lord Mayor of Leipzig Mr. Burkhard Jung

2008

New construction of the modern production plant with office building at the new premises of LEIPZIGER LEUCHTEN

1996

LEIPZIGER LEUCHTEN moves to the new industrial park at Heiterblickstrasse 42 in Leipzig

1993

The Company was wound-up on September 30th.
LEIPZIGER LEUCHTEN GmbH was founded on October 1st. Production place is the Riesaer Strasse 64 in Leipzig

1990

German reunification between East and West. The company is put under the management of trustees

1951

VEB Lelifa was renamed as VEB Leuchtenbau Leipzig. Biggest luminaire manufacturer in the GDR with 1100 employees

1948

Körting & Mathiesen became a nationally owned company (VEB), named VEB Leipziger Lichttechnische Spezialfabrik (VEB Lelifa) by purchasing back from the Soviet Union

1946

expropriated and partly dismantled by the post-war occupying forces. Production of lighting products continued under Soviet control

1889

Körting & Mathiesen was founded in Leipzig - one of the first lighting manufacturers in Germany